Everything You Need to Know About Hiring a Slip and Fall Lawyer
By Steve Charles on February 26, 2021
Slip and fall accidents may not seem like it, but they have a knack for leaving victims with very serious injuries. Worst comes to worst; these victims may be left dealing with extensive medical bills, lingering injuries, and a lot of time off work.
Are You a Victim?
Most accident victims hire slip and fall accident lawyers to formulate a strong case against those responsible for the conditions that caused their injuries. You see, these accidents belong to an area of personal injury law called ‘premises liability.’
Premises liability entails that if a slip and fall victim was injured on someone else’s property and the property owner failed to make sure that their property was safe, the owner may be held liable for any injuries caused by unknown dangers on their property. Of course, it isn’t as simple as just that, and these cases have a way of getting unbelievably complex – which is why you should consult the most experienced slip and fall lawyer in Fort Lauderdale.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
To put it simply, if you were injured recently, a slip and fall lawyer will handle your claim right from the beginning till you receive the compensation you deserve. Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Book a free consultation with a lawyer. Slip and fall lawyers will never charge for an initial consultation, and this is where they will provide you holistic advice about your case.
- Step 2: Your lawyer will investigate the circumstances that led to your slip and fall and whether the property owner was negligent. You see, a slip and fall case requires sufficient evidence, which is exactly what they aim to collect during their investigation.
- Step 3: Next, they will identify all the possibilities of compensation based on your circumstances. On their own, most victims have no clue what kind of compensation they can receive and all they have to do is document their pay stubs, medical expenses, and other evidence of financial inconveniences that are directly related to your injuries after the fall.
- Step 4: Slip and fall lawyers will then negotiate your case with insurance companies because these companies rarely compensate slip and fall accident victims for their full losses.
- Step 5: When a lawyer and insurance company fail to reach a settlement on your behalf, the lawyer will take the responsible parties through the process of litigation in court.
Time Is of the Essence
The statute of limitations for slip and fall cases in Florida is 4 years. Now, this may seem like a lot of time, but your lawyer will also need some time to gather medical reports, physical evidence, interview witnesses and conduct an independent investigation.
Don’t just wait around. Schedule a free consultation with our slip and fall lawyer in Fort Lauderdale to learn more about how we can help your case. Call (954) 342-6446