Truck Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
Recent data compiled by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration suggests that accidents involving commercial vehicles have been in decline over the last decade. However, there are still more than 450,000 police-reported crashes involving large trucks each year. Approximately one percent of those crashes are fatal and 23 percent lead to injuries. Bein hit by a semi-automatic truck (big rig) can cause devastating and life-altering injuries. In many cases, injuries sustained require extensive rehab, lead to lost wages, and create expensive medical bills for victims. In rare instances, accidents that involve large trucks are the fault of no one. The vast majority of collisions occur because of the negligent actions of one or more of the drivers involved. If you have recently been injured in a truck accident, it is in your best interest to connect with an aggressive and proven truck accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale. At the law office of Charles Legal, PLLC, we are prepared to fight for your right to receive maximum compensation for the injuries that you have sustained. Contact us to schedule your free initial consultation today.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
The common causes of truck accidents are similar to the reasons that other types of car accidents happen. However, the consequences of a collision with a large commercial vehicle can be more severe and deadly. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue: Though the Department of Transportation (DOT) strictly regulates the amount of time that a truck driver is allowed to drive, fatigue still happens all too often. When a truck driver is fatigued they are more likely to fall asleep at the wheel and/or make costly mistakes that endanger the lives of other drivers on the road.
- Alcohol and Drug Use: Often times truck drivers drink alcohol when stopping for the night or take prescription medication that negatively affects their ability to safely operate a commercial vehicle. Both instances can lead to dire consequences for themselves and others on the road.
- Inadequate Driver Training or Truck Maintenance: Commercial vehicles are complex pieces of machinery that require extensive training and maintenance. When one or the other is lacking, it can be a recipe for disaster.
- Speeding or Overtaking: Truck drivers are often tasked with reaching their destination within a specific amount of time. Many are offered incentives for early deliveries. This can cause a driver to make unsafe maneuvers that reduce their reaction time and create deadly conditions on the road.
- Distracted Driving: Most commercial vehicles are laden with technology, gears, personal items, in addition to a driver’s cell phone. These can all lead to a driver being distracted. Even distractions that only last for a few seconds can lead to a lost life or a lifetime of pain and suffering for victims of truck accidents.
Injuries Sustained in a Truck Accident
Injuries sustained in truck accidents can range from mild to severe. Though in most instances, injuries are more serious due to the size of a commercial vehicle and the damage that it can inflict. If you have been involved in an accident with a large truck, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced truck accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale to discuss your case. Common injuries of truck accident victims include:
- Head and Brain Injuries (including Traumatic Brain Injuries)
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries (potentially leading to paralysis)
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Burn Injuries
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Loss of Limbs
- Wrongful Death
Working With a Proven Truck Accident Attorney in Broward County
Have you recently been injured as a result of a collision with a commercial vehicle? If so, it is imperative that you seek immediate medical attention and promptly connect with a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer in Broward County. If you are already coping with injuries and rehab, negotiating with the high-powered corporate insurance attorneys without appropriate representation can make your recovery process much more difficult. Additionally, it can be hard to gauge the worth of your case without the experience of a proven truck accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale. You do not have to fight for your right to be fairly compensated on your own. Give the law office of Charles Legal, PLLC a call and allow us to do the fighting for you. Contact us today to schedule your free, no-hassle, initial consultation.